“On the first day of every week, each one of you should
set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income.”
To maintain our full time clergy and maintain our beautiful churches and carry out our work for our congregation and wider community we need your support.
If you don’t already give a regular offering to
the church you regularly attend please consider doing so.
Making a commitment to regular financial support, helps…
to sustain parish clergy in post, serving communities like ours
- to sustain the work and mission of the Church with young families and in our schools and in our villages, as well as the aged in need whatever form that that might involve
- to sustain our Church building – a place of worship at the centre of the community, open for regular services, for major festivals and other community events, and for those important family occasions in our lives – baptisms, weddings and funerals
- to sustain a Christian presence to promote the values which matter to me in my local community and society
A commitment to giving on a regular basis…
- is the most effective way of ensuring a regular income for our Church
- enables the Parochial Church Council to plan ahead and budget with confidence
Your giving is kept confidential.
If you already make domestic payments by standing order, using the same method to give to the Church . . .
- helps you to plan your giving as part of your normal expenditure
- keeps your giving up to date if you cannot be in Church for any reason
- avoids the desperate last minute searches for cash to put in an envelope
It also helps Church administration by . . .
- reducing the need to open, count and record envelopes – and keep them for six years!
- being more secure than taking cash to the bank
- ensuring a steady flow of income, even when you can’t be in Church
Please also consider completing a Gift Aid Declaration form which enables us to claim a further 25p for every pound you give from the Government. Please complete a form by clicking on this link