Here are some prayer ideas from Westbury Churches Together. Why not join in at home?
Our Declaration (Psalm 91:2)
“I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, My God, in Him I will trust.’”
Promises to Stand On
No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling. (Psalm 91:10)
For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:11)
You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. (Psalm 91: 13)
Things to Pray:
- That Jesus as the Prince of Peace will reign over our homes, towns and cities, nation and nations- that we will walk in great peace and bring it everywhere we go.
- For protection and deliverance from the coronavirus, from its effects, and from the swirl of fear around it.
- For healing for the people and families that are infected with this virus.
- For protection, strength, and wisdom to our health care providers, town and government leaders.
- For peace, strength, and protection over our senior citizens, and those with any health issues.
- For the Covid-19 to dissipate and end quickly.
- For the economy and for business owners, that You will provide a way through this.
Declarations are faith statements about what is true regardless of our current experience. The following verses illustrate our need to stay in faith as we pray, and the declarations below will help us to do just that.
“Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you” (Mark 11:24).
“This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him” (1 John 5:14-15).
- We will thrive no matter what happens. (Philippians 4:11-13)
- Our God is meeting all our emotional needs, financial needs, health needs, protection needs, relational needs, strength needs, wisdom needs, and every other need we have. (Philippians 4:19)
- Because of our covenant with God, the Covid-19 will not affect us or my loved ones. (Psalm 91)
- No weapon formed against us will prosper. (Isaiah 54:17)
- We know what we are supposed to do and what we are not to do at this time. (James 1:5)
- We supernaturally bring physical healing to others. (Mark 16:17)
- God’s people are humbling themselves, praying, and turning from their wicked ways, and our land is being healed as a result. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Our prayers for our local national and international leaders are bringing breakthrough, wisdom, and peace. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- The name of Jesus is greater than the name of Covid 19. (Philippians 2:9)
- We do not worry about anything but in everything through prayer and thanksgiving, we possess the peace of God which guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Our prayers are positively influencing our nation concerning the Covid-19. (James 5:17-18)
- I am now incredibly arising and shining with love and solutions for the world around me. (Isaiah 60:1)
- No matter what happens, We will be ok. (Romans 8:28)
- Because of God’s promises, we are participating right now in the divine nature and escaping the corruption that is in the world. (2 Peter 1:4)
- Our love and service to others at this time is a powerful expression of God’s love to everyone we meet or speak to. (I Corinthians 13)
- Every time we speak to the mountain of Covid-19 to be removed, it decreases dramatically. (Mark 11:23)
- In every situation we face, there is always a solution. (I Corinthians 10:13)
- This season is an hour of great opportunity, supernatural provision, and breakthrough for us, those we close to and those we pray for. (2 Kings 4:1-7)
- God is comforting, strengthening, healing, and providing for those who have been negatively impacted by the coronavirus. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- As Christians we are experiencing increased levels of intimacy with the Lord at this time. (Philippians 3:8)
- We are unaffected by the spirit of fear and are in perfect peace. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- We are a safe place for those around us, and our great faith covers and encourages those experiencing fear. (Galatians 6:1)
- The Spirit in us is greater than the spirit in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- Because we are followers of Jesus,we have the greatest gift of eternal life right now. (John 3:16)
- Our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He has delivered us in the past, and He will deliver us in this also and make us a source of strength and peace to others. (1 Samuel 17:34-35)
Please note: As we purpose to stay in faith, we also recommend you support governmental directives like social distancing, washing of hands, and other steps recommended to limit the spread of this disease.
Declarations for Health, Protection, Peace, and Healing
Health & Protection Declarations for Covid 19
“The Lord will protect us from all sickness.” Deuteronomy 7:15
The Lord protects us from all Coronavirus and sickness.
“Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on our food and water. we will take away sickness from among you…” Exodus 23.25
Thank you Lord that you take away Coronavirus sickness from me, my family, and my neighborhood, workplace, and town, county, nations and the nations.
“He took up our infirmities and bore our diseases.” Matthew 8:17
Jesus took our infirmities and bore covid-19 for me.
“But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5
Jesus was pierced for my transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healthy and if Coronavirus sickness comes near us, we are healed.
“By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through Him that has completely healed Him, as you can all see.” Acts 3:16
By our faith in the name of Jesus, we are made strong. our immune system is strong. Our preventative wisdom is strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through Him that has completely healed us.
Rejecting Fear about Covid-19
“For God will never give you the spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives you mighty power, love, and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
God thank you that we have Your Spirit that gives us might, power, love and the ability to be self-controlled. Thank you that we do not have a spirit of fear andwe pray that any spirits of fear or panic will be far from us and those in our towns, cities, counties nations and the nations.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
WE declare and decree that we will not be anxious about Covid-19. We refuse to carry the weight of fear and anxiety and agree with the lies of the enemy, misinformation, or human panic. We choose to stand on the Word of God and walk in supernatural faith in regards to this virus outbreak. The peace of God stands guard over our minds, and hearts, and bodies, and He will keep us safe.
“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3
Father God is our mind keeper, and He will keep our minds regarding Covid-19 in perfect peace. We desire to walk in the supernatural peace of God because we embrace His truth and trust in Him. We declare that cyclical thoughts of fear will not circle through our minds. We also declare that we will not be compulsive in my thoughts regarding the Coronavirus.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
I come before You, Lord – totally undone and vulnerable about my fear. My load is too heavy for me when I process covid -19, and I need You. I choose to take Your yoke of peace about this sickness and wisdom upon my shoulders about how to live my life during this outbreak and embrace Your rest for my soul. (if needed)
“For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
I know I walk in the flesh where covid-19 threatens me, but I do not war in the flesh. My weapons are mighty through God and I have the resurrected Jesus Christ within me. I have the power to pull down the stronghold of covid-19 over my family, the families in our town, cities and counties and nation, and I choose to cast down every imagination about this virus that torments my mind. I command every thought about Covid-19 to line up with the Word of God and become obedient to Christ.
Healing Prayer: For Health, Protection, Peace, and Healing for Coronavirus
“Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases.” Psalm 103:2-3
Praise you Lord, my soul, I won’t forget any of your benefits—you forgive all my sings and you heal all my diseases. Thank you that you will heal Coronavirus in my family and in my body.
“Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.” Jeremiah 33:6
God will bring health and healing to me; He will heal me and will let me enjoy abundant peace and security.
“Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” Jeremiah 17:14
Heal me, Lord and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
“He sent out His word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.” Psalm 107:20
Thank you Lord for your Word that heals me.
“I will not die but live.” Psalm 118:17
I will not die by Coronavirus but live.
“But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds.” Jeremiah 30:17
Jesus restores me to health and heals all my wounds.
“I am the one who gives them reason to celebrate. Complete prosperity is available both to those who are far away and those who are nearby,” says the LORD, “and I will heal them.” Isaiah 57:19
You give me reason to celebrate. Complete prosperity (not necessarily financial!) is available to me and you will heal me.