During this period of enforced isolation and the suspension of public worship you might like to try new ways of exploring your faith and replacing our regular services.
You can follow the daily round of morning, evening and night prayer via the CofE website or you can download the App for your phone or tablet. You can choose either traditional or contemporary language to suit you.
Holy Week and Easter ideas
We can’t be in Church this year but why not try these ideas at home to help focus on the Passion of Christ and Holy Week? You can use them on your own or with your family members.
Or you could try this Holy Week at Home or Passion at Home
- 40 Acts: Do Lent generously: 40acts.org.uk/
- Lent ‘calendar’ from Auckland Diocese: lent.nz/welcome
- ‘Consider the Lilies’ – a daily reflection on a different woman in the Bible each day through Lent by Revd Clare Hayns: clarehayns.wordpress.com/
- Exploring Prayer – five videos by the Archbishop of Canterbury: www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/exploring-prayer
- ‘Signs of Life’ – Daily Lent video and text reflections by the Anglican monks of the Society of St John the Evangelist: www.signsoflife.org/
- Sundays in Lent with children: connectible.nz/
Resources for Worship at Home:
Here are some ideas for daily inspiration
in your prayer and worship at home.
Do let us know of any thing you discover that you want to share!
The Bishop of Aberdeen, Rt Rev’d Anne Dyer has a weekly blog called Picturing Prayer, using art works for meditation and prayer.
The Church Times have a page of suggestions on their website and are producing a weekly new collection of prayers and articles to read at home called Lift up your hearts
- Every day the C of E website publishes a prayer for the day, with a link to other prayer resources – www.churchofengland.org/prayer-and-worship/join-us-daily-prayer/todays-prayer
- Sunday worship on the BBC can be found here – w3.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnds
- The BBC Daily Service is here – w3.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wzfs
- Living the Word, short reflections on each Sunday’s readings – livingtheword.org.nz/
- Rev Chat – two vicars in Dorset, Revd Jo and Revd David get together each week to chat for about 10 minutes about this coming Sunday’s Gospel reading: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnu2gEq229If6ohM822tnHWU0VAqdUoIG
- Pray as you Go – a daily 15 minute reflection, with silence and music on the lectionary reading for the day. Web based and an app. pray-as-you-go.org/
- Going for Growth – faith in the home resources for families – www.going4growth.com/growth_in_faith_and_worship/faith-in-the-home?bclid=IwAR0JPMr6W12KwWZn4G_sRXDRT1llKtf9nUU21v44x9j-arpUs-Jr1T5WwHs