LENT APPEAL 2019
Chocolate, alcohol and social networking are three of the most popular things people give up during Lent. This Lent would you consider giving some part of the money saved from giving up a luxury or indulgence to Westbury Parish through this shared appeal?
This year we would encourage you to give generously to our Lent and Easter appeal to support students at the Chaima Christian Institute in South Sudan and the running costs of All Saints’ Church Westbury.
Nicholas Holtam, Bishop of Salisbury has invited each of us to use the ‘simpler days of Lent to work out what matters, through taking on prayer, fasting, being generous and giving to others.’
Westbury Parish will split equally all proceeds from this appeal to these two causes.
- To help fund a student to attend the Chaima Christian Institute, the training college for the Diocese of Maridi in South Sudan. The college offers a range of courses including vocational training and they particularly want to encourage more young people and women to study. Nearly all students who apply need some help to pay the modest fees.
- Supporting the work All Saints’ Church, Westbury and its building. The cost of insurance for All Saints Church alone is more than £8,000 this year. The burden of the cost of keeping the church open for community events and important moments in our life like baptisms, weddings and funerals is carried by a small congregation and we are asking for support from the wider community of Westbury through this Lent appeal.
You can donate via
- Our JustGiving page
- With cheques made out to “Westbury PCC”
- Using the special appeal envelopes in Church
To find out more about our special services for Lent and Easter
- Our website whtministry.org.uk
- Our Facebook Page All Saints Church Westbury
- the website https://www.achurchnearyou.com/